Aloe Vera plant has tons of benefits for the skin and overall health. But did you know that it’s super easy to make your own Aloe Vera Gel and obtained this way substance is actually one of the purest, most potent and powerful skin care products you can treat your skin to? Applied topically, this DIY aloe vera gel will make your skin glowing beautifully.
Aloe Vera has a great amount of bioactive components including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, saccharides, anthraquinones, enzymes, lignin, saponis and salicylic acids. It provides 20 of the 22 human-required amino acids! It’s incredibly rich in antioxidants – specifically vitamins A, C, E and vitamin B12, folic acid and choline. In the minerals department this amazing plant contains calcium, copper, celenium, chromium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, sodium and zinc. Now, add all the enzymes, fatty acids, laxatives and even hormones called auxins and gibberellins present in Aloe Vera and you’ll see clearly where all its amazing benefits come from. Impressive little plant, huh?
Benefits of Aloe Vera for the skin:
- Smoothes and moisturizes the skin
- Great anti-aging properties
- Reduces stretch marks and scars
- Soothes rashes, skin Irritations and other skin problems
- Treats burns of all kinds
- Speeds up the healing of wounds
- Treats bug bites
DIY Aloe Vera Gel
All you’ll need for this project is a leaf of Aloe Vera, a knife, and a blender.
- Chop your Aloe Vera leaf into smaller pieces (1-2 inch)
- Cut the edges off
- Peel the rest of the green skin off
- Blend the chunks well
- Store in a fridge for up to 4-5 days (if you want to store it for longer I’d suggest adding a natural preservative like this one)
Enjoy the glow!