Does your hair tend to loose the volume shortly after washing it? With this simple trick you’ll be able to treat your hair to a total makeover. Nobody likes greasy, flat looking hair. If you have to wash your hair everyday in order to maintain the beautiful look it means your scalp produces too much sebum and that negatively affects the appearance of your hair. That can be caused by many factors including a poor diet, hormone imbalance, stress etc., but interestingly one of the most common reasons of having oily hair is simply washing it too often. When you use a shampoo to wash your hair you also clean your scalp from oils that are naturally produced by your skin to protect it from drying. Of course washing the excess amount of oil from your hair sounds great but the truth is, if you constantly remove the oils from your scalp it actually signals the skin on your head that your scalp is dry which causes it to produce even more oils to maintain the healthy balance. You see the vicious circle here, right? Don’t worry, this trick has nothing to do with saying “oh, just stop washing your hair everyday and you’ll be fine”, because as a woman I know very well that you can’t just walk around all day with a hideous looking hair and hoping it’d make it less oily someday.
Trick your scalp into “thinking” it doesn’t need to produce more sebum
What if there was a way to trick your hair into “thinking” that your scalp is not dry and you already have plenty of protective oils on your skin? See where I’m going with this? When I first started using oil therapy on my scalp and hair I was blown away with a great result I got after just one treatment. My normally fine hair looked fuller and healthier for 3 days before I had to wash them again. When you do the oil treatment on your scalp it signals the skin on your head that you have plenty of protective sebum to keep your skin and hair in balance and there is no need to secrete any more. As a result of this little healthy trick your hair looks amazing for days and there is just no need to wash it every single day. I highly recommend using hot oils as they tend to penetrate your hair on a deeper level.
Hot Oil Therapy
- Slightly heat up the oil of your choice* (if it burns when you touch it, it means it’s way too hot)
- Apply the oil on your scalp and massage it for 3 min
- Gently comb your hair allowing the oil to cover the full length
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Leave the oil mask on your hair overnight (or at least for 2-3 hours during the day)
- Shampoo your hair like you normally do
- Rinse your hair with a glass of water mixed with 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar or 2 Tbs of lemon juice
- Enjoy the shiny, fresh hair for days!
* Oils I recommend for the treatment: Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Sesame Oil